The Secondary World

Like Alice through the Looking Glass, three years ago I fell through the screen of my iMac into the brave new world of Second Life. It took awhile to get my bearings. This blog started as a record of my role-playing there, but has mutated into a bit more. Here are my travels across the sims and strange lands of the Secondary World.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Little Kasiopaya

Back Aboard The Fallen Hour

My recent clandestine operations aboard the Zenobia Time Station have left my nerves somewhat frayed, so I decided to take The Fallen Hour to Little Kasiopaya (Hot Midsummers Night <128, 173, 901>) for some much needed rest and recreation.  This is an exquisite region of the Metaverse, a nebula wherein conditions are such that actual pockets of breathable gasses randomly form, and the newly forming stars radiate enough warmth for a species such as Time Lord or human to actually leave the safety of the vessel to float among the stars.  Of course, such visits must be carefully choreographed and timed, lest the pockets deform and leave one gasping in the void!

Soaring Among the Stars

I flew for a time, soaring weightless among the stars...an experience impossible to explain and difficult to compare to anything else.  Then I took advantage of some gravity pockets to "walk" about, observing the rise of a nascent star and the alignment of young planets recently formed of interstellar dust.

The Planets Align

The region was highly enjoyable, and I must return some day.  It is truly one of the Metaverse's less known treasures.


Star Rise

No comments:

Post a Comment