The Secondary World

Like Alice through the Looking Glass, three years ago I fell through the screen of my iMac into the brave new world of Second Life. It took awhile to get my bearings. This blog started as a record of my role-playing there, but has mutated into a bit more. Here are my travels across the sims and strange lands of the Secondary World.

Monday, November 1, 2010

"China"

An Eerie, and Beautiful World

Who created it? And why? Such a marvel, and such simple beauty.

A Landscape in Ink

The Fallen Hour landed recently in a curious realm known as “China” (China <162, 97, 1994>) It was not the historical China of Terra, but something altogether different, a realm that looked like nothing less than one of the remarkable ink paintings of that land brought to life. Exiting The Fallen Hour I found myself stepping into a piece of art, a landscape of brushstrokes under a surreal sky. Having developed a taste for human art, and having been stranded for many years in the Terran nation of Japan (which borders China), I was deeply touched by this creation. But such a mystery! Is there some race of great artists travelling this cosmos, creating entire realms the way a painter makes art? If so, I must find them.






No comments:

Post a Comment