The Secondary World

Like Alice through the Looking Glass, three years ago I fell through the screen of my iMac into the brave new world of Second Life. It took awhile to get my bearings. This blog started as a record of my role-playing there, but has mutated into a bit more. Here are my travels across the sims and strange lands of the Secondary World.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

DARK ELF

It isn't easy to find a good Dark Elf avatar.  I began looking for one a few months after I became a Second Life resident, much to my surprise.  You see, I had played a little Dungeons & Dragons and knew what a "Drow" was, but I never read any of R. A. Salvatore's "Drzzt Do'Urden" books and wasn't particular interested in elves, least of all the dark kind.  But as sometimes happens with avatars, Damien started to develop a life of his own, and passing a Dark Elf in the street one day the avatar started to whisper yes...that's me.  It just "felt" strangely right and I began shopping around.

It took three years of constant development to finally get Damien's Dark Elf to where he is today.  His shape is custom built and almost exactly the same one I use for the Ikeman avatar (it makes it easier to share clothes).  His various pierces come from all different sources, as do his tribal tattoos, glowing silver eyes, and hair.  I have even tried seven or eight different ear designs over the years.  But what really sets Damien off for me, now, is his skin.  I have Aeros to thank for that.  

I talked a bit about Aeros in the previous post, and I think they are doing the best male skins in all of Second Life right now.  Ironically the skin I use, "Ael," is not technically a Dark Elf.  They have another avatar for that, "Baenar."  Baenar is a striking avatar, but the three shades of skin he comes with were all too dark for what I wanted.  Since the very beginning, when Damien was awful looking and blue (see below), his best feature was his tats.  I wanted a skin where they would stand out.  So I actually ended up using Ael, an albino-ish avatar that comes with three skin shades (each either smooth or with hair).  The one that caught my eye was a shade called "Storm."



Here are some shots of Damien as a Dark Elf.  Most feature the Aeros Ael skin (in some he wears the Aeros uncut "Nemo" cock), but I have put in some older skins to show his evolution, and how with time and patience avatars can move from the awkward "newbie" stage into something truly beautiful.  As always, click on any picture to open the gallery.

Enjoy!










What impresses me most about the skin is the illusion of blood flowing under the skin.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment