The Secondary World

Like Alice through the Looking Glass, three years ago I fell through the screen of my iMac into the brave new world of Second Life. It took awhile to get my bearings. This blog started as a record of my role-playing there, but has mutated into a bit more. Here are my travels across the sims and strange lands of the Secondary World.

Monday, December 6, 2010

THE BLACK HEART, PART TWO

Professor River Song says "SPOLIERS."  Though I will refrain from saying how to solve the puzzles, I will be talking a bit about the tale they reveal.  Please PLAY the game first.  I warned you.

On the Case in New Babbage

I spent the evening (New Babbage time) back aboard The Fallen Hour, turning the document over and over again in my mind.  I determined that it must be some sort of code, and not knowing enough of the local alchemical lingo, realized I would have to go back out into the city to get it.  After combing the streets of New Babbage, I found what I needed and set to work on translating the papers.

It was a curious tale.  The author claims to have discovered that ultimate alchemical secret, the creation of life.  Apparently he was successful in breeding a "homonuculus," a creature that went wrong and may have been responsible for several grisly murders.  He mentions a box containing more of his secrets (I too know what it is like to be a man with a box of secrets), but the box I found beside the scroll was empty.  Has someone else seized them to continue his work?

A homonuculus.  Honestly, you would think the humans would learn to leave meddling in the secrets of the universe to their betters!  Is it possible that this creature was inside the statue?  Can they live indefinitely?  And will it kill again...

Anarchists in New Babbage


The stakes may just have been raised.  

No comments:

Post a Comment