The Secondary World

Like Alice through the Looking Glass, three years ago I fell through the screen of my iMac into the brave new world of Second Life. It took awhile to get my bearings. This blog started as a record of my role-playing there, but has mutated into a bit more. Here are my travels across the sims and strange lands of the Secondary World.

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Zenobia Station

I have learned, recently, that other Time Lords survived...and are here in the Second Metaverse.

Apparently, from the information I have been able to gather, the Doctor himself relocated the Celestial Intervention Agency's Time Station Zenobia to this parallel continuum before the end of the Time War.  Governed by House Cerulean, Zenobia is a vast and formidable installation.  It was the setting, long ago, for one of the Doctor's own trials before being refitted and redesigned.  Now it is here, and they are here, and I cannot begin to guess what their purpose might be.

As I sit in the Library of my Capsule and write these words, I am torn.  Of course, the temptation of reconnecting with my people is powerful, but I am a renegade.  Worse, I am a soldier who abandoned his post.  How might I be regarded by them if they learned this secret?  And even if I were to be pardoned, are these Time Lords ideologically aligned with the Doctor and his schemes?  The only way to know this is to contact them.

It seems safer now to keep away, to learn what I can from a distance and watch.  If I can take their measure, if I know where they and I stand, perhaps then I can present myself to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment